Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Stonefield at SXSW: Best of 2016

Sorting through photos, notes and memories from some of my top live shows of 2016. When I'm in Austin for SXSW, I try to not miss the Aussie BBQ. The event introduces me to new bands and sounds and the overall vibe in Brush Square Park is festive and fun.

My Stonefield gallery from the Aussie BBQ at SXSW 2016.

Stonefield at SXSW 2016

One of my favorite 2016 Aussie BBQ bands was Stonefield, four sisters who play beat-heavy, guitar-driven psychedlic influenced rock and roll. The band tore through a blistering 30-minute set, thrilling a few faithful fans and quickly converting the rest of the crowd.  Stonefield's music has a great summer festival feel. Hope they make many return visits to the states.





     
I make a small commission for purchases made through the above Amazon Associates links.

No comments:

Post a Comment