Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dash Rip Rock at SXSW: Best of 2016

I first saw Dash Rip Rock with my friend Kevin when the band opened for The Beat Farmers at Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, Ohio, July 1986. My adrenline surges and smile widens thinking about that show.
Dash Rip Rock, Mojo's Mayhem 2016 at the Continental Club. (Mike Barzacchini Photo)
It was amazing when Kevin and I had the chance to see the band again at SXSW 2016. I spoke briefly with Bill Davis after DRR's Saxon Pub showcase. He not only remembered the Canal Street show, but told us that after the concert, Dash Rip Rock and the Farmers went bowling at a local lane. That would have been something to witness.
DRR's Bill Davis with the Butter-Spray Slide (Mike Barzacchini Photo)
Bill Davis' Gator Guitar (Mike Barzacchini Photo)
Long live Dash Rip Rock. Long Live Rock and Roll. Which is kind of saying the same thing.


                


Dash Rip Rock at SXSW 2016
More photos on my SXSW 2016 Dash Rip Rock Gallery on Flickr.



I make a small commission for purchases made through the above Amazon Associates links.



No comments:

Post a Comment