Monday, July 3, 2017

Another amazing day of live performances at Fitzgerald's American Music Festival. Some year, I'm going to save up, sleep up, take the week off and make it to all four days of the fest. But this year, day 2 more than delivered. I mean, Marshall Crenshaw backed by Los Straight Jackets covering Nick Lowe was more than worth the price of admission.

Regrettably, I bailed before Shiny Ribs and Shemika Copeland, but I did catch Semi Twang, the incredibly talented Liz Vice, Chicago Salty Dogs, The Tillers, Kevin Gordon, Terrance Simien, The Pines and Sarah Shook, along with Marshall Crenshaw and Los Straightjackets.

And it only took 35 years, but I finally got to see Marshall Crenshaw perform Someday, Someway live. The encore singalong of Nick Lowe's Cruel to Be Kind was sweet icing on this tasty musical cake.

Thank you, Fitzgerald's. See you next year.

2017 American Music Festival
Liz Vice at Fitzgerald's American Music Festival, July 1, 2017 (MikeBarzacchiniPhoto)


     

Note: I make a small commission from purchases made through the Amazon Associates links included in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment