Wednesday, January 11, 2017

365 Days of Dylan, Day 11: My Back Pages

365 Days of Dylan, Day 11: "My Back Pages," from Another Side of Bob Dylan. This song has one of my favorite lines from any of Dylan's songs (that's saying a lot) that I often repeat:

"Well, I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now."


This is melancholy, introspective Dylan, singing and slinging wisdom beyond his then young years.

 Makes me consider that:
  • I'm always a student. The more I learn, the more I have to learn.
  • I hope to continue to grow, but never completely grow up.
  • I strive to remain open.
Also reminds me of something Jonathan, my son, told me when he was three or four years old:
"Dad, when you get little like me, we can go to kiddie camp (preschool) together and play all day."

"I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now."


Again, another amazing cover by The Byrds. They really had that Dylan thing down, didn't they?




           

Support 365 Days of Dylan. I make a small commission from purchases made through the above Amazon Associates links.



What's your favorite Dylan song?





No comments:

Post a Comment